- Family Storytime will be held at the Douglas County Public Library today at: 5:30 p.m. Family Storytime is designed for kids preK and up with their families. For more information, contact Lindy Moore at 770-577-5186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Chat with the Chairman" will be held today from 6 to 7 p.m., at Fire Station No. 8, Tyson Rd., behind Mirror Lake Elementary School. "Chat with the Chairman" with Douglas County Commission Chairman Tom Worthan is open to the public for one-on-one conversations on any topic - no agenda, no sound system. For more information, contact Tom Worthan at 770-920-7269 or email@example.com.
- I Am Chosen, Inc. Parent Orientation will be held at the West Georgia Technical College (Library) on Aug. 20, from 6:00 to 7:15 p.m. This is
an informational session for parents who have girls in the 6th though 8th grade who are interested in being a member of I Am Chosen, Inc. for the 2013-2014 school year. For more information, contact ShaQuita Gatewood at 678-314-3138 or ShaQuita@IAmChosen.me.
- A Community Blood Drive fro the Red Cross will be held on Aug. 22, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Citizen's Hall in the Douglas County Courthouse. Your blood donation helps save the lives of up to three people! Please give! Call 1-800-RED CROSS to schedule an appointment or just walk in! For more information, contact Wes Tallon at 770-920-7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Kickin It for a Cause" will be held at Deer Lick Park on Aug. 23, and 24. The Citizens Law Enforcement Academy Alumni (CLEAA) is hosting their biggest Fund Raiser to date, Kickin It for a Cause - An adult Kickball Tournament. And yes, by kickball I mean the same game that we all played in grade school.Anyone over the age of 18 can form a team; simply email us for registration info. Gather your friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers. Its for all people from every walk of life you could possibly conceive. For more information, contact CLEAA- Tammie Cook at 404-425-3755 or email@example.com.