- A free computer class will be held today at 5:30 p.m., at the Dog Dog River Public LIbrary. From computer and email basics to advanced Microsoft programs. For more information, contact Lindy Moore at 770-577-5186 or email@example.com.
- Parents reception and registration for National League of Junior Cotillions will be held Aug. 27, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Douglasville Conference Center. The National League of Junior Cotillions is an etiquette and social dance training program that involves thousands of students nationwide. For more information, contact Jennifer Rowe at 678-715-2627 or 562-397-4635 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A tailgate party will be held Aug. 27, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 4999 Prestley Mill Rd Douglasville. Let's celebrate football season with a Tailgate Party for All! Enjoy Ice cream Sundae bar, football toss competition, and lots of prizes! Wear your team colors and enter to win our most spirited contest. Free event. For more information, contact Vanessa Blair at 770-942-9449 or email@example.com.
- Poetry in the library will be held Aug. 29, from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Library. Any teens who enjoy poetry can join other teenagers in the library for an evening of poetry. Poetry can be recited or original and it is open to the public for ages 13 to 18. No registration is required. Light snacks and cool beverages will be provided for your enjoyment. For more information, contact Dewayne Brown at 770-920-7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Day of Fun & Fowler Fest will be held on Aug. 31, from 3 to 8 p.m. at Fowler Field Park. This will be a great time for family fun in the park! We will have a huge field day with outdoor games, food, prizes and music and much more. It will be a great day of family oriented activities. This event is FREE and open to the public! Enjoy such games as hot potato (with water balloons), badminton, three-legged races, sack races, egg races and horse shoes. We will also have several inflatable bounce houses, face painting, Italian ice, home-made ice cream, pop corn, cotton candy and other types of food and refreshments! There will be an array of specialty vendors on hand selling many great summer items! This will be a great time in the park for the entire Douglasville Community! If you are a civic group, church, non-profit organization or club that would like to promote your group at this event WEE encourage you to contact us. We only ask that you help us by facilitating one of the game stations. WEE would greatly appreciate your assistance. This is a celebration to honor all the families of Douglasville and Douglas County and to encourage family togetherness and fun.In an effort to support local businesses in Douglas County and in conjunction with the county's "Shop Local" Campaign, we want to encourage you to meet all of the local business owners and vendors who are co-sponsoring this event. Many items will be available for purchase. For more information, contact Trudy Holdman at 678-949-8454 or email@example.com.
Suspects Sought in Home Invasion Case
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something