The Douglas County School System registration center staff wants to make the school registration process easy for parents/legal guardians who are registering their children in Douglas County Schools for the first time. Parents/legal guardians may choose to register their children at one of two registration centers during peak registration dates. The main registration center and Annex West is open year round from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Annex West is located at 4841 Highway 5, Douglasville.
A second registration center, Annex East, will be open for a week starting Monday, Jan. 7 through Friday, Jan. 11, 2013 to handle new registrations for the second semester. This center is located at 2300 Shoals School Rd. Hours for Annex East are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with the last appointments being taken at 3:30 p.m.
In order to help newcomers save time and expedite the registration process, please bring the required documents. The registration process cannot be completed without full documentation as listed including:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231
- Georgia Eye, Ear and Dental Form 3300
- Student’s social security card or waiver
- Parent/legal guardian’s photo ID
- Custody/guardianship papers (if applicable)
- Withdrawal form from the previous school (if applicable)
- Last report card (if applicable)
- Discipline history for middle and high school students
- Student’s transcript for all high school students
- Douglas County vehicle tag receipt
- Proof of residency
The following items are accepted as proof of residency:
• If you rent: You must bring a CURRENT lease agreement and a CURRENT utility bill or connection receipt. Utility bills must be no more than 30 days old, and they may not indicate disconnection or pending disconnection. Both the lease agreement and the utility bill must be in the parent or legal guardian’s name.
• If you own: You must bring your CURRENT mortgage statement or tax bill and a CURRENT utility or connection receipt. Utility bills must be no more than 30 days old, and they may not indicate disconnection or pending disconnection.
• Multi-Family Residence Form: If you are living with family or friends the multi-
family residence form must be signed by the home owner or leasee, and the form must be notarized. A CURRENT lease agreement, mortgage statement or tax bill must be provided by the homeowner and a CURRENT utility bill or connection receipt. Utility bills must be no more than 30 days old, and they may not indicate disconnection or pending disconnection.