- Cougars rule the skies over Iraq. Two graduates and an assistant principal are all serving in the same military unit Iraq. Christina Tomassini is a medic who graduated in 2002. Jason Peden works in aircraft maintenance and graduated in 2008. And George Chip is an AHS assistant principal and a helicopter pilot.
- New Energy Education Coordinator. announced the selection of Deborah Pendergrass as the energy education coordinator for Cherokee, Cobb, Douglas and Paulding counties schools Pendergrass’ new positions is part of the electric utility’s statewide education initiative to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of using energy wisely and efficiently. (Picture in gallery above)
- Education fair at . The Georgia Education Articulation Committee’s (GEAC) Fall 2011 PROBE College Fair will be in Douglasville on Monday, Sept. 19, at Arbor Place Mall from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The fair is free and open to high school students and their families. The eight-week fall tour consists of 61 college fairs held at various schools and venues across the state of Georgia. For more information and to view the entire fall schedule, visit www.gaprobe.org.
- Vote for your favorite downtown business. Voting for the annual Downtown Awards is open until Sept. 16. Vote here for your favorite downtown retail business, restaurant, service business and new business. Winners will be announced at the Downtown Recognition Banquet sponsored by on Oct. 4 at 7 p.m. in the . Tickets for this event are available at www.downtowndouglasville.org or at the Welcome Center at 6694 Broad St. Tickets are $15, or $10 for Friends of Main Street members, and include dinner and dessert. For more information, contact the Main Street manager at 678-715-6092.
- The University of West Georgia has started offering classes at its new location in Douglasville. The Saturday graduate-level and doctoral classes began in this semester with nearly 70 students. The graduate classes are "Leadership Residency II" and "Language-Minority Education and Culture." The doctoral class is "Program Evaluation." In the spring, UWG will offer more classes at the Stewart Parkway location. Richards College of Business will offer "Marketing Strategy" during the first half of the spring semester and "Managerial Accounting" during the second half. For more information, contact Rebecca Smith at 770-254-7345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something