The Douglas County Board of Commissioners announced it will host a ceremonial swearing-in ceremony for re-elected and newly elected public officials on Thursday evening, Dec. 20, at 6 p.m. in the Douglas County Courthouse Atrium. The Ceremony will be open to the public with free admission. Limited seating will be available in the Courthouse Atrium.
The Ceremony will be broadcast live on dctv23, the Douglas County government access cable television channel, and simulcast on the County web site at www.CelebrateDouglasCounty.com. It will also be taped for later re-broadcast.
Officials invited to be sworn in during the ceremony are:
- Honorable Tom Worthan, Chairman, Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Honorable Phil Miller, Sheriff
- Honorable Todd Cowan, Tax Commissioner
- Honorable Randy Daniel, Coroner
- Honorable Rhonda Payne, Clerk of Superior Court, Douglas Judicial District
- Honorable Beau McClain, Superior Court Judge, Douglas Judicial District
- Honorable Eddie Barker, Judge, State Court of Douglas County
- Honorable Hal Hamrick, Probate Court Judge
- Honorable Kelly Robinson, District 2 Commissioner, Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Honorable Jeff Morris, District 5 Member, Douglas County Board of Education, and
- Honorable Carol Lindstrom, District 1 Member, Douglas County Board of Education.
Each elected position will be introduced and the elected official will be invited to the landing of the Atrium’s Grand Staircase to take the Oath of Office, after which each will give short remarks to the citizens of the County. The program’s Master of Ceremonies will be retired Probate Judge James Baker.All offices are effective at 12 a.m., Jan. 1, 2013, and all terms of office are for four years.