Tracen Franklin, 20, was given a sentence of life without parole by Douglas County Judge William "Beau" McClain today, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Franklin will spend the rest of his life in jail for the 2010 murder of Bobby Tillman after a high school party.
McClain, by law, was not able to sentence Franklin to death, reports the AJC, in Georgia, only a jury can do that.
Franklin received the most severe punishment of the four men convicted in the death of Tillman.
Related Douglasville Patch stories:
- Jury Deadlocked in Sentencing of Franklin over Tillman's Murder
- Franklin Convicted in Tillman Murder
- Tracen Franklin Murder Trial Under Way
- City Council Passes Party Resolution
- Murder Defendants Must Plead Guilty or Face Death Penalty
- AJC Reports DA to Seek Death Penalty in Tillman Murder
- AJC Reports Guilty Plea in Tillman Killing
- No Deal for 3 of 4 Tillman Defendants
- Boykins Pleads Guilty to Tillman Murder
- Death Penalty Sought in Tillman Death
- Bobby Tillman Story (A Mothers Sacrifice) Tribute