John McGill, the Douglas County elementary school principal arrested in a child sex sting earlier this year, has been indicted by a federal grand jury.
McGill, suspended as principal at Mt. Carmel Elementary, has been charged with attempting to have sex with a minor.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported a federal warrant was issued Tuesday for McGill’s arrest.
McGill was arrested along with 13 others during a GBI sting in March. He allegedly replied to a Cragslist posting by an undercover agent to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex in DeKalb County, where he was arrested.
McGill was suspended by the Douglas County School Board, which has since hired a new principal.
Read more on this story
- Arrest Warrant for Principal Charged in Child Sex Sting: 'He Taught Other Girls'
- Douglas County Elementary School Principal Arrested on Child Sex Charges
- Accused Elementary School Principal Scheduled in DeKalb County Court
- Douglas School Board Names Interim Principal at Mt. Carmel Elementary
- School Board Names New Principal at Mt. Carmel Elementary