Lithia Springs resident Lucy Mercer, creator of the A Cook and Her Books blog, has been selected by William Morrow Cookbooks to participate in its “Serious Sandwich Cookalong” to celebrate the release of Emeril Lagasse’s latest cookbook.
Mercer and twenty-one other bloggers will receive advance copies of Emeril Lagasse’s upcoming cookbook, Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches (on sale Oct. 16), and will prepare at least two sandwiches a week for three weeks using recipes from the book. They will also blog about their experiences. Blogger participants will receive a supply of Emeril’s Kicked-Up Horseradish Mustard and Snapware plasticware from Chef Emeril Lagasse, which will aid them in the creation of the sandwiches.
Morrow’s cookbook blog, The Secret Ingredient (thesecretingredientblog.com), will showcase the bloggers’ featured posts and will provide Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest updates about the cookalong as it progresses. Emeril will also be engaging with the bloggers through Twitter and Facebook, following the #SeriousSandwich hashtag.
You can follow Mercer’s progress at http://acookandherbooks.blogspot.com beginning today.
Here is some of Mercer's work on Douglasville Patch:
- Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- Scottish Shortbread with Candied Cherries
- Daffodils and Paperwhites for Last-minute Christmas Gifts
- Not My Mama's Black-Eyed Peas
- Cranberries Are a Bargain
- A Citrus Pie to Try
- Trying a New Apple + Tangy Apple Slaw Recipe
- Braised Cabbage with Apples Recipe
- 10 Food Blogs Everyone Should Read (and Three are Local!)
- What Douglasville Needs: Pie Lab
- Fresh Squoze Orange Juice
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Colcannon (Mashed Potatoes with Cabbage)
- Eating My Way Through Roswell