These are the five things you need to know today, May 9.
- celebrates May as National Fitness Month in "diva" style. Jazzercise, the world’s leading dance fitness program, promotes the value of physical activity in the pursuit of happier, healthier, more productive lives all year long. In honor of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month in May, Jazzercise instructor, Cyronne Counts, held a special DIVA themed Jazzercise class in Douglasville on Saturday. For more information, contact Cyronne Counts at 678-523-4148.
- Teaching by Example–The art of art teachers of the Douglas County School System is now on exhibit in the Courthouse Gallery. “Teaching by Example” will be on display through May 26 in the Courthouse Gallery, third floor, , 8700 Hospital Drive. Twelve teachers, representing elementary, middle and high schools in Douglas County, are exhibiting 37 pieces of art, that include pen and ink, photographs, watercolors, acrylics, ceramics, weaving, clay, mixed media and other specialized forms of art. The Gallery is open anytime the courthouse is open, with free admission. The Courthouse Gallery is a program of the through its Department of Communications and Community Relations.
- The announced its newest member of the 2011 Chairman’s Club: Steve Morgan, Financial Advisor at SunTrust Investment Services. Morgan is also the 2011 Chairman of the Douglas County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Steve has been involved with the Douglas County Chamber of Commerce since 2004. He served as a diplomat before joining the Board of Directors in 2006 and has since served as Treasurer in 2009 and Chair Elect in 2010. He has led several committees, served as the Chamber representative on the Douglasville Downtown Master Plan committee and was a member of the Leadership Douglas Class of 2009.
- Manage Your Child’s Meal Account With ParentOnline System. The is now offering ParentOnline, a safe and secure way for parents to make online payments and view student meal account activity. ParentOnline is an online system that allows parents to make cafeteria meal payments to their child(ren)’s cafeteria accounts via credit or debit card. Parents can remotely monitor their child(ren)’s accounts anytime from any Internet-enabled computer.
- Congratulations to Chase Montroy and Ethan Gordon, students at , who have been selected to advance to Round Three–Theater Finale for the 2011 Cisco Networking Academy NetRiders Skills Challenge for high school students! Their team was the highest-scoring team in the state of Georgia to be invited to represent their respective Cisco Networking Academy in the United States–Canada theater wide competition. The competition will take place on May 6 from 12:15 to 4:15 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) in a virtually proctored environment. The LIVE virtual event will culminate with a presentation from a Cisco executive and the announcement of the top 10 teams for the United States and Canada theater.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now