The grand opening of Sport Clips Haircuts in Douglasville will be on Dec 14 and will give free haircuts with a donation of $5 or more to the Miracle League chapter of Douglasville. Free 'MVP Service' haircuts will be give December 14 through 16, a value of $22.
The new hair shop, located at 6977 B Concourse Parkway in the Sam's Club shopping plaza, is owned by David Wachendorfer. Wachendorfer also owns Sport Clips shops in Gainesville and Alpharetta.
Wachendorfer describes the Sport Clips concept as a hybrid between a barber shop and a salon. "It's family oriented," he said. "We even have a fair number of clients that are ladies.
"We offer up-to-date stylists that give a pampering experience for guys," he said. "Douglasville doesn't have anything like this that caters to the male client. Douglasville is the perfect community for us, with a hard-working guys that are looking for a haircut and a pampering experience once a month.
Donations offered during the grand opening time period will go to The Miracle League, a nationwide organization that seeks to give individuals with special needs and disabilities the opportunity to enjoy and play the game of baseball in an encouraging team environment.
Wachendorfer said he has an eight-year-old special needs son and The Miracle League was the perfect place to benefit from the grand opening.
"It's very cool," he said. "All of the money will go towards the construction of a special needs ball field for kids, right here in Douglasville. It was a no-brainer."
December 14-16, during normal business hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The new Sport Clips will offer clients:
- The MVP Experience – precision haircut, massaging shampoo, hot steamed towel treatment, and neck and shoulder massage
- Stylists who specialize in male hair care and stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Haircut services without an appointment – walk-ins are welcome
- Large, flat-screen televisions playing sports programming at each haircut station and in the lobby, along with reading materials
- Special lighting and massaging chairs in the shampoo area to promote relaxation
- Male-focused hair care and styling products
To learn more about Sport Clips in Douglasville, visit www.haircutmendouglasvillega.com