The Douglasville Downtown Development Authority’s (DDA) Downtown Recognition Banquet, held Oct. 2 at the Downtown Conference Center, recognized several outstanding downtown businesses this year.
Those awarded were:
- Best New Service Area Business 1 to 3 years old went to Town and Country Upholstery.
- Best Service Area Business 4 to 9 years old went to Una Vida Boutique
- Best Service Area Business 10 plus years old went to Wren’s Body Shop
- Best Service Area Restaurant went to the Irish Bred Pub.
- Volunteer of the year was awarded to John Sell.
The event was sponsored by Georgia Power and featured Georgia Cities Foundation “Renaissance Award” recipient and historic renovation specialist, Ron Goss, as the keynote speaker. Dinner will be provided by downtown’s newest addition, Carole Parks Catering.
Goss was followed by the Downtown Awards ceremony that showcased the work of the DDA committee volunteers and business owners, as well as, recognizing outstanding economic development in the Downtown business district.
“Each year I look forward to this event because it is an opportunity to publically thank the businesses and community volunteers who make the Douglasville Main Street Program and DDA downtown revitalization efforts successful,” stated Stephanie Aylworth, City of Douglasville’s Main Street Manager.
For more information contact the Main Street Manager at 678-715-6092 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is a non-profit board that aids in the revitalization efforts of the City of Douglasville’s Historic Downtown. More information about the DDA can be found at www.ci.douglasville.ga.us.