- Chance of rain today and the rest of the week. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 20 percent chance of rain today with Isolated showers and thunderstorms. The high will be near 94 with heat index values as high as 100. For the entire Douglasville seven-day forecast, read here.
- A Summer Arts Camp at will begin today and be held through Friday. Camp hours are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp will offer intensive arts exploration guided by three artists. The camp is for children 7 to 11 years old. The cost is $100 per child ($75 for CAC family members, sibling discounts and scholarships). For more information, contact the Cultural Arts Council at 770-949-2787 or www.artsdouglas.org.
- A Music Camp at starts today and will be held through Friday, from 9 a.m. to noon each day, at 8800 Rose Avenue. Admission is free. The camp is open to children Kindergarten through 6th grade. Children will learn the musical "Rainbow Express" and perform it at 6 p.m., July 17. For more information, call 770-947-0509.
- 'Changing Party' Teacher top article on Douglasville Patch. An Atlanta elementary school teacher who lives in Douglas County was one of the players revealed this week in a report on the Atlanta cheating scandal. It is important to note this teacher only lives in Douglas County and does not work in the Douglas County School System. If you missed the articles this week, read here and here.
- It will be a Wonderful Wednesday at the CAC. Wonderful Wednesdays will be held at the Cultural Arts Center on July 13, 20, and 27 from 2 to 4 p.m. each day. These will be hands-on workshops. The cost is $7 per child ($5 for CAC members). For more information, contact the Cultural Arts Council at 770-949-2787 or www.artsdouglas.org.