These are the five things you need to know today, Aug. 12
- The August meeting of the Douglas County Democratic Party will be feature Chris Pumphrey, executive director of the as the the keynote speaker. There will also be greetings from Mellissa Prescott, the Thirteenth Congressional District Chair. The meeting will take place at , 5400 Stewart Mill Rd., Saturday, at 10 a.m.
- A child safety seat educational event will be held Aug. 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at . Certified child passenger safety technicians from Safe Kids Douglas County will be available to inspect the selection, installation and use of child safety and booster seats. Parents and caregivers will be given one on one instruction on how to properly use their child’s infant or booster seat.
- Mobile Coming to Arbor Place Mall. Best Buy Mobile stores offer an outstanding selection of phones and networks while providing guests with impartial, informed advice from non-commission phone specialists. The store will also feature accessories, Bluetooth/handsfree, netbooks, laptops, Apple iPods, MP3 players, eReaders and more. Best Buy Mobile is scheduled to open this October and will be located on the lower level near .
- Special Pops Tennis of Douglas County took 8 athletes to the 2011 Special Olympics Georgia Summer Games on May 20 through 22, at Emory University. They were recently recognized by the Douglas County Board of Commissioners. Here are the the athletes and their results from the summer games: Full Court Singles-Justin Kopf (Gold); Full Court Doubles-Justin Kopf/Marty Larsen (Bronze); Short Court Doubles-Ashanti Bassett/Jack Costello (Bronze);Bethany Holder/Pam Ellis (Fourth); Pilah Moore/Bill Cobb (Bronze); Skills-David Diaz (Gold); Sarah Emile (Gold); Imani Mitchell (Silver); and Joseph Roth (Silver).
- The third quarter Downtown Breakfast Club will be held on Aug. 17 at 8 a.m. at the downtown located at 6697 Church St. This complimentary quarterly event is hosted by the and this quarter’s breakfast will be sponsored by Nations Roof. The Downtown Breakfast Club is an opportunity for business owners to learn about downtown incentives and opportunities, network, receive business improvement ideas, and grab a bite to eat. Those interested in attending, R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now