Fishing Derby at
- When: Saturday, June 4; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: 2105 Mack Road,
- Why go: This is a great event to bond with the kids in the great outdoors (And perhaps catch dinner!) Free T-shirts for first 300 to register, plus door prizes, and awards.
- Price: Free for children ages 2 through 16 and seniors age 50 and over
- More info: Log on to www.douglascountyparks.com
- When: Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5
- Where: Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Drive
- Why go: Great for all ages, this annual festival showcases and celebrates one of the most beautiful blooms of the South and includes musical entertainment, food, demonstration gardens, and a wide variety of exhibits.
- Price: All events are free except Garden Tours ($25.) Parking is also free.
- More info: Artists Market–Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Flower Show–Saturday, 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Garden Tours (with shuttle service)–Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m. For details log on to www.PennyMcHenryHydrangeaFestival.com or contact Douglas County Tourism and History Commission at 678-838-4449.
- When: Saturday, June 4; Doors open at 4 p.m., food available at 6:30; Bingo from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- Where: Frank P. Dorris American Legion Post 145, 6449 Bankhead Hwy
- Why go: Sit back and relax while you play America's favorite game. A friendly Staff is on-hand to assist new and veteran bingo players. Be sure to get there early (doors open at 4 p.m.) to get the best table, enjoy a home cooked dinner and delicious goodies for dessert. Non-alcoholic beverages and beer also for sale.
- Price: $10./3 cards; food and drinks, $1-10.
- More info: Call Bob Budahazy 770-947-1866
- When: Sunday, June 5; check in/Late Registration, 7 a.m. (shelter #3), Triathlon starts at 8:30 a.m., 5K Fun Run starts at 8 a.m.
- Where: Sweetwater Creek State Park
- Why go: All funds that are raised from this long-running (pun intended) local “tri” (200-yard swim, 10-mile bike, 5K run) will allow the Kiwanis Club to support several groups that help Douglas County youth.
- Price: Triathlon - $55.; Fun Run 5K - $25.
Kick-off to “Pandamania” Vacation Bible School at
- When: Sunday, June 5: 5 p.m.
- Where: 6604 Post Road
- Why go: This fun, Panda-theme kids program is designed to connect kids to God and give them opportunities to share God's love with others.
- Price: free
- More info: Log on to www.ugcc.org