- The Downtown Recognition Banquet will be held tonight, at 7 p.m. at the . This year’s event will be Sponsored by and will feature keynote speaker Mike Whorly. The Downtown Awards ceremony will showcase the work of the DDA committee volunteers and business owners, as well as, recognize outstanding economic development in the Downtown business district. Tickets are $15 and are available online at www.downtowndouglasville.org, the or at the door.
- Jazzercise will donate $1 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every new and returning customer during the month of October, who signs up for a class. Customers will receive a 50 percent discount off the regular fees. Jazzercise has a longstanding relationship with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, raising more than $1 million through Jazzerthon events held annually in metro Atlanta. The location has raised more than $40,000 for this cause since their involvement in 2006.
- The Teacher of the Year Recognition Program will be held at the on Thursday. The program will begin at 4:30 p.m. All 32 teachers, one from each school, will be honored, eight of them are semi-finalists and will be further acknowledged. From the eight (two elementary, two middle and two high school)-three will be honored as finalists: Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers of the Year. From those three-one person will be named as the Douglas County Teacher of the Year.
- The Douglas County River Dogs are looking for quality players in the Douglas County area from Douglasville, New Manchester, Lithia Springs, Chapel Hill and beyond to add to the team which is established and preparing for the 2012 season which opens March 6. Official tryouts are at 11 a.m. on the following dates: Oct. 29, 30; Nov. 5, 6; Nov. 12, 13. Tryouts will be held at the Roundtree Recreation Center. There is a $50 registration fee which includes a physical, t-shirt and meal. For more information, contact 770-443-1187 or http://www.roundtreerecreation.com.
- Get Pink! Go here to order your Breast Cancer Awareness Month gear and get involved.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something