Stop by Sam & Rosco's for a delicious dinner this Sunday, Nov. 18, from noon to 5 p.m. and the restaurant's owners and staff will send $15 for each dinner, plus gratuity, to the Red Cross for Sandy Relief.
The entrée price is $20 plus tax and gratuity. Each meal comes with salad, garlic rolls and a soft beverage. Alcoholic Beverages offered a la carte.
"The idea originated just because we are good citizens of the community," Rosco Sayyar said, co-owner of the restaurant that has been in the same area of Douglasville since 1987.
"We've done things like this in the past," he said. "For 911 and Katrina, we raised more than $5,000 or $6,000 each. It's just part of what we do. As good citizens, it's our duty to give back. We just thought this is one of those times."
Sayyar said the restaurant also works closely with groups like SHARE House and local food banks.
"It just comes naturally," he said. "So many things happen and we can't help with everything but every now and then an incident comes up that just makes you want to doing some thing positive and hopefully the community gets behind it."
Here's the menu:
- Chicken Parmigiana: Chicken Breast, Baked with Meat Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese
- Tortellini: Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini, choice of creamy white wine or marinara sauce
- Grilled Chicken: Buerr Blanc sauce, Vegetables and roasted red potatoes
- Lasagna: A perennial favorite, baked with mozzarella cheese
- Eggplant Parmigiana: fried strips of eggplant, marinara aauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, baked
- Chicken Franceses: chicken breast tenders dipped in egg and sautéed in white wine lemon butter sauce
- Penne Alfredo: served with broccoli and sundried tomato in creamy white wine sauce
- Roasted Pork Loin: finished with red wine reduction, served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Tilapia Oreganato: baked in lemon butter sauce, served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Spaghetti: with homemade meat sauce
For more information, call Sam & Rosco’s Restaurant at 770-949-1195.