- Girl Scout Cookies. It's a big day today for Georgia's Girl Scouts, with the international organization honored by Gov. Nathan Deal and the Legislature as it kicks off the countdown to its 100th anniversary in 2012. While the "official" booth sales begin Friday, the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta will unveil Tuesday a Cookie Coach to spread the word about the sales. And, in this digital age, the Girl Scouts have created a site to let cookie buyers find the nearest booth–read here. Story on Patch later today.
- Get free Ringling Bros. tickets. For every donation of $25 to United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta between now and Feb. 21, donors will receive two free circus tickets! Add $12.50 to your donation and receive another free ticket. Tickets are unlimited, so bring as many family and friends as you can. The money raised will go to support United Way and its community partners in the areas of education, income, health and homelessness. Read here and click the circus banner at the top of the page to give to United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta and receive your circus tickets.
- The Church at Chapel Hill and The Pantry are bringing the Chick-fil-A Leadercast on May 6. It is a one-day leadership event featuring 11 of the world's most influential voices. Leadercast is a live simulcast from the Georgia World Congress Center where tickets are available for $199, but you can enjoy the whole simulcast from the comfort of Douglasville. Leadercast will be broadcast on May 6 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. from The Tickets are now available for $99 until March 28. This fee includes free parking, complimentary breakfast and lunch with a special keynote lunch speaker. Read here to register.
- Educator Open House at the College and Career Institute will be held on Feb. 16. from 3 to 5 p.m., admission is free. Teachers from public and private schools are invited to tour the building, learn more about CCI programs and speak with students and staff. The building is located at rear of campus of . Read here for information on CCI.
- April 15 is closer than you think. Get your last-minute tax checklist here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something