- The Ron Young Dinner has been postponed. Tentative date is now in September. Douglasville Patch has previously posted an anounouncement about the dinner with former POW Ron Young. To hear Ron tell his story of survival and inspiration, call 404-376-5689 for reservations.
- Special Olympics Trophies and Blow Our Own Horn. Have a trophy you would like to get rid of? How about that old bowling trophy collecting dust in the attic? is an official drop-off location for trophy donations to the Special Olympics. Because of this announcement posted on Douglasville Patch, Nanette Lee, owner of Laser Dimensions sent us an email saying this: "when 'donate trophy to Special Olympics' is Googled, and as a result, we just received several trophies from a lady in Minnesota!!! Woo Hoo! Thank you so much!"
- Register your child for school now. The Central Registration Center is open year round to register all new and returning students (students who have left our system and returned) to the Douglas County School System. The center is open daily from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m. Parents must register at the Central Registration Center before a student can be enrolled in their home school. Additional information can be obtained at the Douglas County School System web site http://www.douglas.k12.ga.us/. Parents who come with completed forms and required documentation will move quickly through the process. Call 770-651-2050 if you have any questions about the registration process.
- The Frank P. Dorris American Legion Post 145 will host a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser on June 24, at 7 p.m. American Legion Post 145 is located at 6449 Veterans Memoria1 Highway. The public is invited to attend. If you need additional information call 770-949-2632.
- Like Douglasville Patch on Facebook. We post nearly every single story and blog on Facebook as well. Some people prefer to comment and add information there. We need just 10 'likes' to get to 500. Please like us or tell a friend. Call the kids, wake the neighbors. Like our Facebook page at: http://patch.com/buVxA.