- The Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Sports Auction is being held in support of the yearly operating fund for the Douglas County Boy's & Girl's Club on Saturday at the at 6:30 p.m. For just $10 you can enjoy a spaghetti dinner from , take part in a silent auction and watch the “Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?” competition between city and county employees. Proceeds benefit the For more information, contact Davidae Walker at 770-605-5129 or Davidae.Walker01@comcast.net.
- Chikin 4 Brekfust. The Chick-fil-A Cows are sending word to customers to vote “Chikin 4 Brekfust.” Beginning Aug. 29, customers are invited to reserve a time and restaurant location to pick up a FREE Chick-fil-A breakfast entrée of their choice. Reservation time slots are available the week of Labor Day from Sept. 6 to 10 at any of our restaurants nationwide, and can be filled by visiting www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com.
- at Arbor Place Mall will be holding the What: “I Am…” Fashion Show to Benefit Caring & Sharing on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The show features teenage girls in designer clothing and accessories this weekend. Proceeds benefit Caring & Sharing, a local nonprofit organization that focuses on social, cultural, and behavior development for girls ages 10 to 17. The show promises lots of fun and surprises. For more information, contact Joi Jamison at 757-536-2504.
- A Jazz Experience: A Date Night for the Community will be held at tonight at 7 p.m. The Jazz Experience is a date night for married couples that promises humor, live entertainment, speakers, special guests and a few fun surprises. The night allows couples to “reconnect, refocus and grow together as God originally designed.” Childcare is free, but space is limited. For more information, contact Lorrie at 678-971-3123 or email@example.com.
- A DC Kids Consignment Sale to Benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure will be held at the Old Monkey Joe’s/Movie Theater building near Habor Freight Tools on Douglas Boulevard today from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The sale will benefit breast cancer research by shopping at the DC Kids Consignment sale this weekend. Admission is free and open to the public. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something