Worthan to Host 2013 'Chat with the Chairman,' Series Starting Jan. 26
Douglas County Commission Chairman Tom Worthan will host his first "Chat with the Chairman" meeting of 2013 on Jan. 28.
Douglas County Commission Chairman Tom Worthan will again host his monthly “Chat with the Chairman” meetings in 2013 beginning with the January “Chat” on Monday, Jan. 28, from 6 to 7 p.m. at Fire Station No. 1 in Lithia Springs. Fire Station No. 1 is located at the intersection of South Sweetwater Rd. and Groover’s Lake Rd.
The Chairman’s “Chats” are one-on-one conversations between the public and him on any topic that the citizens wish to discuss. There is no agenda, no sound system, and no RSVP required. Worthan began the “Chat” series in November 2007, and hosts them at neighborhood fire stations throughout the County. January is month number one so the January “Chat” is at Fire Station No. 1, and the schedule continues accordingly. The County does not have fire stations numbered nine and twelve, so Chairman Worthan hosts a “Chat” tent at the September Saturdays festival during month nine and does not host a “Chat” during December.
The “Chats” have been well received since their inception, and attendance has ranged from 1 to 50 people. All “Chats” are held from 6 to 7 p.m.
The schedule for 2013 is as follows:
- Monday, Jan. 28 Fire Station No. 1, Lithia Springs - South Sweetwater Road at Groover’s Lake Rd.
- Monday, Feb. 18 Fire Station No. 2, Winston - Conners Rd. adjacent to the Winston Post Office
- Monday, March 18 Fire Station No. 3, Bill Arp - Kilroy Lane off Georgia Highway 5
- Monday, April 15 Fire Station No. 4, Fairplay - Georgia Highway 166 adjacent to South Douglas Elementary
- Monday, May 20 Fire Station No. 5, Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill Rd. at Central Church Road
- Monday, June 17 Fire Station No. 6, Palmer Village - Riverside Parkway between Fairburn Rd. and Tributary
- Monday, July 15 Fire Station No. 7, Beulah - Bankhead Highway just west of GreyStone Power
- Monday, Aug. 19 Fire Station No. 8, Mirror Lake - Tyson Road behind Mirror Lake Elementary
- Saturday, Sept. 21 September Saturdays Festival, Douglas County Courthouse
- Monday, Oct. 21 Fire Station No. 10, Douglasville - West Church Street adjacent to the Armory·
- Monday, Nov. 18 Fire Station No. 11, north Douglasville - Dallas Highway