See 'Idol' Live Tonight at DCHS
These are a few of the things you need to know today, April 1.
- Temporary Road Closure. A portion of Douglas Hills Road will be closed beginning Monday for three or four days. The Douglasville-Douglas County Water and Sewer Authority intends to close a portion of Douglas Hill Road at the wastewater lift station to install approximately 200 feet of piping in the roadway to connect two existing pipes. Any questions can be directed to Gil Shearouse, engineering manager, at 770-920-3837.
- Arbor Station Idol is tonight at 7 at Douglas County High School in the Mashburn Theatre. The event is open to the public. Tickets ae $5 and available at the door, with proceeds going to Relay for Life. There are 25 students performing.
- A Household Goods Consignment Sale will be held at Midway United Methodist Church today and Saturday. There will be men and women's clothing, household goods and appliances, yard items and furniture. For more information, contact Teresa at 678-384-8498, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Elizabeth Chapman Collage & Painting Exhibit will open at the Cultural Arts Center on Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, go to www.artsdouglas.org, or call 770-949-2787.
- The Women of War Praise and Worship Conference will be held Thursday through Saturday at 7 p.m. The event is open to the public and will be held at the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ Today. Admission is free. For more information go to www.womwnofwarconference.com.