Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Meet Candidates or Go to Wellness Fair
These are the five things you need to know today, Oct. 12.
- Meet the Candidates Forum. Arbor Station and Chapel Hills Homeowners Associations are sponsoring a public forum Friday, where the public will meet Douglasville’s 10 candidates, four for the mayor’s seat and six for the three City Council seats. These candidates will face off in the Nov. 8 municipal election. The forum will be held at Arbor Station’s Community Center, located at 9650 Parkway Circle, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Meet Commissioner Mike Mulcare. A meeting held by Commissioner Mike Mulcare to hear Douglas County residents' concerns about the county will be held Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at The Church At Chapel Hill.
- 4th Annual Senior Health & Wellness Fair. The fair will be held Saturday, Oct. 29, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Woodie Fite Senior Center. Admission is free. The Emory Adventist Hospital will administer Comprehensive Metabolic Panels for $15, Lipid Panels for $10, TSH for $15
PSA for $15 and Flu Shots for $25. Door Prizes will be offered, to include $100 cash. Participants should bring Medicare Cards. There will also be free testing for Sickle Cell Disease and seminars on financial planning, health products, pre-planning, disaster preparedness, sleep apnea,
driver safety. For more information, contact the Woodie Fite Center at 678-626-5630.
- The Mt. Carmel Elementary School Fall Festival will be held Friday, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., 2356 Fairburn Road at Bomar Rd. Admission is free. Game and food tickets are available at the door. There will be a cake walk, nail art, bouncies, games, raffle, food and more. Vendors are welcome. For more information, contact
- The SHARE House 3rd Annual Paws-an-Effect Dog Show will be held Oct. 15, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Deer Lick Park. Admission is free. There will be vendor booths, animal adoptions, obedience training, low-cost vaccinations, demonstrations, door prizes and more. For more information, contact the SHARE House at www.ShareHouseDouglas.org or 770-949-0626.