Get Out for a Good Cause
For your weekend plans, you can see a play or spend a date night with your spouse.
1. What: “I Am…” Fashion Show to Benefit Caring & Sharing
- Where: Macy’s at Arbor Place Mall
- When: Saturday, Aug. 27 at 3:30 p.m.
- Details: Macy’s will be holding a fashion show featuring teenage girls in designer clothing and accessories this weekend. Proceeds benefit Caring & Sharing, a local nonprofit organization that “focuses on social, cultural, and behavior development for girls ages 10 to 17.” The show promises “lots of fun and surprises.”
- Need More Info? Contact Joi Jamison at 757-536-2504
2. What: 19th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Sports Auction to Benefit the Boys and Girls Club
- When: Saturday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Details: For just $10 you can enjoy a spaghetti dinner from Sam & Rosco’s, take part in a silent auction and watch the “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?” competition between city and county employees. Proceeds benefit the Douglas County Boys & Girls Club.
- Need More Info? Contact Davidae Walker at 770-605-5129 or Davidae.Walker01@comcast.net
3. What: Jazz Experience: A Date Night for the Community
- Where: The Church at Chapel Hill
- When: Friday, Aug. 26 at 7 p.m.
- Details: The Jazz Experience is a date night for married couples that promises humor, live entertainment, speakers, special guests and a few fun surprises. The night allows couples to “reconnect, refocus and grow together as God originally designed.” Childcare is free, but space is limited.
- Need More Info? Contact Lorrie at 678-971-3123 or email@example.com
4. What: DC Kids Consignment Sale to Benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Where: Old Monkey Joe’s/Movie Theater building near Habor Freight Tools on Douglas Boulevard
- When: Thursday, Aug. 25 and Friday, August 26, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 27, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Details: Benefit breast cancer reasearch by shopping at the DC Kids Consignment sale this weekend. Admission is free and open to the public.
- Need More Info? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. What: On Golden Pond
- Where: Theater in the Square in Marietta
- When: Saturday, Aug. 27 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 28 at 2:30 and 7 p.m.
- Details: If it’s theater you prefer, head out to Marietta’s Theater in the Square for a weekend performance of the classic play On Golden Pond by Ernest Thompson. The show is offered three times throughout the weekend. Ticket prices range from $24 to $33 depending on which show you attend.
- Need More Info? To purchase tickets and get more information on pricing, visit the Theater in the Square website.