3 Fall Festivals Today
There are a lot of great events happening today and all weekend around Douglas County.
- Mason Creek Elementary School Fall Festival will be held today from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Game and food tickets are available at the door. There will be a cake walk, mystery tent, giant slide, games, food and live auction.
The North Douglas Elementary School Fall Festival will be held today from 5 to 8 p.m. The 50-cent tickets available at the door.
The Bright Star Elementary School Fall Festival will be held today from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets available at the festival. There will be inflatables, pony rides, carnival games, kona ice and more.
- The Douglas County Sheriff's Department Auction will be held Saturday, from 7:30 a.m. when the inspection of items will occur. The auction is at 9 a.m. at the Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Drive Admission is free. All items will be sold as-is. No refunds or returns. A list of all items will be given to registered bidders only. You must register in person with current photo ID on Saturday morning. There is no charge to register. Payment methods: cash or local check only (local means Douglas, Cobb, Carroll, Paulding, Haralson Counties)-no debit or credit cards will be accepted. If you purchase a vehicle at the auction, the payment for vehicle tax is required at the time of purchase. The tax rate is based on the County in which you will be registering the vehicle. You cannot purchase a firearm if you are a convicted felon. The Douglas County Sheriff's Office will run criminal histories prior to final purchase of any firearm. All purchased items must be picked up and removed from the Courthouse property at the time of sale or by the end of the auction time on Saturday. For more information, contact www.sheriff.douglas.ga.us.
- Douglasville's Octoberfest, Moonlight Run and Chili Cook-off will be held on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the West Georgia Quad and Main Street Market, O'Neal Plaza. At 1:30 p.m., the Douglasville So You Think You Can Dance? Competition will be held on, O'Neal Plaza. From 6 to 9 p.m., the 15th annual Cultural Arts Council Chili Cook-off will be held on O'Neal Plaza. Chili Tasting ($1 taste, $3 bowls). For more information, contact 770-949-2787 or www.artsdouglas.org. At 7 p.m. will be the 31st annual Moonlight Run and sanctioned 5K race. For more information, contact www.dcrougerunners.com.
- The 22nd: 2nd Annual Ron Starniere Memorial Golf Outing will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m., at the Frog Golf Course, Villa Rica. The outing will benefit the Sweetwater Council of the Knights of Columbus and the American Red Cross. The cost is $75 per golfer. For more information, contact John Bumbalo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Douglas County Camporee and Flashlight Hike will be held Saturday and Sunday at Clinton Nature Preserve. Night activities include games, hot dogs, bonfire, s'mores, Halloween fun and a flashlight hike in the woods. Morning activities include fishing, hiking and breakfast. There are only 50 spaces available, pre-registration required, $20 per tent space (up to 4 people), no vehicles. Set-up is after 2 p.m. on Saturday and check-out on Sunday by noon. This is a program of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners through its Parks and Recreation Department, Chad Griffin, 770-920-7129, or email@example.com.