Deadline for Voter Registration Is Oct. 9
The deadline to register to vote for the general election is Oct. 9, at 5 p.m. Voters can register in person at the Douglas County Courthouse or by visiting the Secretary of State's website.
The deadline to register to vote for the general election is Oct. 9, at 5 p.m. Voters can register in person at the Douglas County Courthouse or by visiting the Secretary of State's website. This is also the deadline to make changes to your voter registration information.
General Election advance voting starts on Oct. 15. Here are the dates and places where advanced voting is available:
- Advance Voting for the General Election: Oct. 15 through Nov. 2, Training Room, first floor, Douglas County Courthouse
- Advance Voting: Oct. 29 through Nov. 2, at the Old Courthouse, Deer Lick Park Activity Center, Boundary Waters Aquatic Center, Training Room, first floor New Courthouse, Dog River Library
- Saturday Advance Voting: Oct. 27, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Training Room, first floor, Douglas County Courthouse
- General Election
- Deadline to Register to Vote in the General Election: Oct. 9,
- General Election: Nov. 6,
- General Election Run-off (if necessary): Dec. 4,
Everyone interested in voting is encouraged by Laurie Fulton, Douglas County elections supervisor, to visit the My Voter Page at the Georgia Secretary of State’s website.
You will be asked to enter name, county and birthday.
You will then be taken to a page which will give you:
- your voter registration status
- your polling place for state & county elections
- a link to information on your municipal polling place (for those who live within the city limits)
- a link to information on requesting an absentee ballot
- a link to information on early voting dates, times and places
- sample ballot
According to Fulton, about 18 percent of the voters that live within the Douglasville city limits have a different polling place for city elections than they do for state/county elections.
Those include (but are not limited to) people in the following precincts: Lithia Springs, Chestnut Log, Turner and Bright Star.
In order to avoid going to two voting locations on election day, those people should take advantage of advanced voting or voting by mail. The affected voters must request two ballots from the election official and fill out two forms. There will be signs posted to remind voters, Fulton said, but election personnel will not ask voters if they need two ballots.